Seach

2013/03/19

Sally: Autumn Storm

GENRE: Romance, Non-teen fiction

AUTHOR: Heather McHee

PLOT: "Sally Sanborn, who insists she can do almost anything a man can do, stamps down her pride and advertises for full-time help on her chicken farm. Up shows Wilson..."Just Wilson, ma'am." He's a denim-wearing, sexiest butt to wear a pair of jeans, perfect man for the job. But he also comes with a past -- a complicated past. Yet, he works hard, and Sally likes him. As easy as it would be for her to fall in love with him, three things stand in her way: 1) He's younger than her. 2) She's been branded by heartache before and refuses to go through that again. 3) He's out of prison on parole."

MY WORD: I'm not that much into romantic novels but I came across this little jewel and had a great time. It's not your usual romance, but a breath of fresh air in this fever of "copy-paste" romantic stories. The characters are strong headed, fun and just so lovable one can't but fall for them. I love strong prideful women with a sense of humor and Sally is just that and a little more, one crafty woman to love. And Wilson... well, I never was into cowboys but I'll have to think it over, with a cowboy like this strong, silent but hot man I'll fly there, wherever it is RIGHT NOW!

I'm not going to say it's the best thing I've ever read but if you are looking for a funny, easy, enjoyable time you shouldn't miss this one. The best thing: it's the 4th book in the "Friends and Lovers Series", so I still have other 4 books to check (since they are 5). And be sure I will!


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario